Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I love to show little portions of what I'm currently working on here!
Check back often for updates, and don't forget to comment on your favorites!

June 11, 2012

To everything there is a time and season

I have made a very hard decision pertaining to my business and my family. The last month or so have been rough. My husband went back to work (which we needed and is absolutely a huge blessing). With him going back to work brought more responsibility on me and even with the little sessions I have been doing I was getting stressed to the max. I kept getting a huge prompting and feeling that maybe my photography business needed to be set aside for now. I thought about this, discussed it with my husband and thought about it some more. I have come to the decision to close down the business. I am at peace and feel so relieved. I love photography, but I love my children so much more.

I know some photographers are able to do photography and be mothers and they do great with it. I personally feel like I am either neglecting my kids, my house or my husband or I am not doing my very best work for my clients. I have always had a hard time organizing my time and my life. It is time for me to simplify things so I can get back to what is the most important thing in my life- my family.

Please know that this decision was not made in haste. I have been contemplating this for a long time. It has been nagging at me, and has been holding my business back. I didn't feel right buying more equipment because somewhere deep down I knew the business would be over soon. I have never wanted to be a business woman, but I have always wanted to be a full time mom. The decision to be a full time mom now and put photography down for the time being has brought me a lot of peace. I will be back eventually, but right now is not the time in my life to be building my business, it is the time in my life to be spending time with my sweet children. I feel like in doing this I am taking care of them, my husband and myself.


I want to thank all of my amazing clients for their support throughout the years. I have been truly blessed to work with all of you. If you have a session booked with me don't worry I will still shoot your session. If you have a gift certificate from a silent auction I will honor that until the end of the year. If you are a past client that would like a session before the end of the summer, please contact me and we should be able to work something out. Thank you again for all your support. I look forward to working with all of you again sometime in the future.

4 comments:

Angela Drabek said...

I am on the verge of this decision and admire your bravery. It is a hard choice and not easy to make. Good luck to you!

Angela Drabek said...

I am on the verge of this decision myself. I admire your bravery. It is not an easy choice to make and even harder to make happen I feel like. Good luck!

writermom said...

I love that you're listening to the spirit and feeling peace with your decision. It is so true that there is a time and a season. The Lord will bless you for putting things into perspective. Your family is very fortunate to have you there for them.

Storcks Nest Photography said...

I totally understand where your coming from. I work full time and have never been able to give my photography dreams all that I have. The Lord will guide you and lead you in the right direction. Yay for moms too!!!